Friday, June 13, 2008

More Bellas

These are all cards I made for swaps last month. The first 3 were for Courtney's swap over on Card Cafe and the last one was for LeAnne's swap on the Bellaholics group. I had fun with them all and I hope you like them!






This card was for Group #3 in Courtney's swap. I had never used Kittycatabella before, but after seeing Nej's card (from the swap I hosted) I was inspired to break her out and ink her up. I didn't really think about it before, but it just dawned on me that the kitties would be cute with some flocking on them. Maybe I'll dig it out and add it to them later...












This card was for Group #4. She was so much fun to color - and I can see her being one of my new favorite girls! The brads I used started out as silver brads, but they didn't look quite right, so I used some embossing powder and altered them a bit. I liked that it was so close to the color in the yellowish-orange patterned paper. It's nice when stuff works out that way!








This card, using Daintybella was for Group #6. I had actually just tried paper piecing and decided the only way to get it out of my system was to make another card using that technique again. I used some stickles on the bow in Bella's hair, and again on her dress, then added a small Prima flower over her bouquette. As much fun as it was to paper piece the dress, I didn't think I really wanted to try piecing the small flowers, so I covered them up.


And this card was for the Anytime Swap on the Bella group. Told you Lattebella was one of my new favorite girls! I figured that since I was using the same image on cards for 2 groups, I'd change up the design of the cards so I didn't look totally lazy. This paper (by Basic Grey) was fun to use because of all the colors in it - it was fun to pick out certain colors in the paper and bring them out by using them to color the image in.
One thing I've noticed when I look at the pics of Lattebella is that it makes me want to run to Starbucks and grab a BCWM! I can't remember exactly what the BCWM stands for, but I do know it's super yummy! One of these days I'll ask the barista and actually remember what he/she tells me it stands for... As long as there are no kids with me... Or, as long as I'm not already daydreaming about going home and pulling Lattebella out to make another card...
Okay, so I probably won't ever remember, but as long as I can remember BCWM, I'm all set, right? ;-)

3 comments:

cjknick said...

Jenn, my girlfriend, I am SO JEALOUS at how much you get to play with your Bellas!

They all turned out super cute. I love that BG paper, too!

TFS :)

CinderellaBellaa

Kim said...

I LOVE all of your cards! Lattebella is one of my FAVORITES too!

Kristie W. said...

I love this lattebella card! I think I need to case it!